That's right, it's my 100th post. So I've compiled 100 facts about me, split up into different categories. It has the potential to be boring, and it's kind of long. In fact, I feel kind of vain for even posting this. Like, I'm so cool that I know you all want to spend your precious free time reading this stuff about me. But oh well, I've spent the time putting it together, so I'm putting it up. Have fun.
11 things I love:
1. How Alexis randomly hops when she's talking, especially if she's excited.
2. Jeremy's "sports" laugh, which is what I call the laugh he does when a really awesome play happens during any game.
3. iPhones. I want one but will never get one because the only function I'd actually use is the phone.
4. Bookmarks. I used to collect them. I know, I'm really cool.
5. Tyler's "secrets". He puts his mouth by your ear and whispers "rararara".
6. Knowing who I am, where I came from, where I'm going, and what is really important in this life.
7. Rain, thunder, and lightening storms. And watching them with the kids all snuggled on my bed.
8. Target. That store just makes me happy.
9. That Jeremy and I both have normal (relatively!) parents who support us, love us, and don't do anything that would give us any "crazy in-law" stories.
10. How Tyler now lets us know when he's doing something cute by pointing at himself and saying "toot, toot".
11. Alexis' true, laughing, not forced smile. It's wide and beautiful and makes me smile every time.
11 things I hate:
1. That Tyler poops at least 3 times a day.
2. Most LDS films. Not the ones put out by the church, all the other ones. They are all too cheesy.
3. Folding laundry.
4. The sound of cotton, like when you rub a cotton ball between your fingers. Ah, even thinking about it makes me cringe.
5. Washing dishes.
6. The L.A. Lakers. I don't even really care about basketball that much, but every time I see them play I just hate them a little more. And it's not because I'm a Jazz fan, I'm not one of those either.
7. Most animals (yes, I'm one of those horrible people who hate puppies).
8. Movies with animals doing human-like things.
9. People who put other people down to make themselves feel better.
10. Pears, because they make my teeth feel grimy and gross.
11. That I can't talk to or see my older brother, and it's been that way for 4 1/2 years already.
5 books I've read recently:
1. Empire Falls by Richard Russo
2. Bridge of Sighs by Richard Russo
3. The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory
4. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
5. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
5 books in my To Be Read pile:
1. The Chosen by Chaim Potok
2. The Promise by Chaim Potok
3. The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards
4. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
5. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
10 things I do daily:
1. Brush my teeth at least twice.
2. Snack on more stuff than I should.
3. Get dressed--usually.
4. Check my email.
5. Stress about what to make for dinner.
6. Look at the blogs in my bookmarked folder "daily blogs".
7. Look at the blogs in my bookmarked folder "not daily blogs".
8. Dodge objects being thrown at me by Tyler.
9. Read Alexis a princess story.
10. Kiss Jeremy.
9 things to do before I die:
1. Go white water rafting.
2. Enter and win a quilt contest.
3. Learn how to play piano.
4. Visit Australia.
5. Go Parasailing.
6. Serve a mission.
7. Work in the temple.
8. Try oil painting again.
9. Spend a whole day on the beach of some tropical island reading and sleeping in the sun.
7 recent-ish loves:
3. Indoor rock climbing
4. The Rhino
5. Books by Shannon Hale
6. Tyler's Mohawk
7. Dish Network's DVR. I can't even tell you when the last time was that I watched a commercial.
10 things I loved about college:
1. Late night runs to the vending machine with Karly during freshman year.
2. Having the best roommate you could ask for during your first year at college and first time away from home. One bizarre enough in her own right to not think of me as too bizarre. And dang funny too.
3. Playing pool in Q Hall.
4. Making possibly some of the best friends of my life, whom I still keep in touch with today.
5. Discovering lots of new things about myself.
6. Meeting Jeremy. Marrying Jeremy. Going everywhere with Jeremy because we only had one car. Graduating with Jeremy.
7. Listening to Jeremy complain EVERY DAY about how dumb the school newspaper was, and then watch him read it EVERY DAY.
8. All of my psychology classes, except for the statistics and gender ones.
9. Having an English class with both my brothers. No class was ever more fun or more precious to me.
10. Learning, during my final semester when circumstances beyond my control became almost too much for me, that when I've worked as hard as I can and I still fall short, the Lord will make up the rest for me.
10 things on my "To Do" list this week:
1. Figure out food storage and work out a plan for us. Yikes.
2. Laundry, laundry, and more laundry.
3. Attend a Pack Meeting.
4. Make strawberry jam.
5. Go see "The Other Boleyn Girl" with my book club!
6. Finish up Mother's Day things.
7. Buy Tyler new sandals. His make his feet STINK!
8. Deliver invitations for my Story Time Felts party. Next Thursday (15th), 7 PM, my house. If you didn't get an invitation and want to come, come.
9. Clean the kitchen (when is that not on the list?)
10. Work on my quilt.
10 foods I like:
1. Chicken Cordon Bleu
2. White bread!!
4. Sugar cookies
5. Braeburn apples
7. Beef Stroganoff
8. My dad's fried rice
9. Cinnamon Toast Crunch
7 things I'm excited for this summer:
1. Family camping trip in Silverton, CO.
2. Alexis turning 4!
3. The neighborhood pool opening.
4. Teaching Alexis to swim.
5. Our trip to Iowa.
6. Jeremy's family moving to Utah.
7. Wearing shorts and flip flops!
5 T.V. shows I love:
1. The Office
2. Gilmore Girls
3. Veronica Mars
5. America's Next Top Model (Yes, really. I can practically see your opinion of me dropping.)