Monday, September 21

Monday mash-up

Yesterday while on a walk (after a particularly huge dinner-STEAK!) Alexis looked at me and said, "Mom! You are getting a baby in your tummy!!" I told her, no, there's no baby, I just ate a lot of food. To which she replied, "yeah, a lot of french fries" and rolled her eyes at me. In my defense, I have not been eating a lot of french fries. In fact I couldn't even tell you the last time I had french fries. But I'll make no comment about all the other junk I have been eating.

-----------

Somehow life has gotten busy. My definition of busy is probably not your definition of busy. I'm a slow paced person who likes to relax, but there are lots of you out there who make yourselves busier because you don't like to relax. Bravo for you, you'll get more done in a year than I'll get done in a lifetime, but I like my way. Anyway, between school, homework, soccer, work, and church callings, most of our nights last week were spent running around like mad people. I'm hoping this week will be different. All I have written on my calendar for today is "Smith's--use coupon". We'll see if I can manage that. Oh, and I really should vacuum.

-----------

Because life got busy I kind of checked out for a few days. Do you do that? Please tell me I'm not the only one. I did the bare minimum of what I had to do and then wasted a lot of time watching old episodes of Veronica Mars (LOVE that show) on the computer. And I picked my split ends a lot, and I was grumpy and mean, and went to bed late. Then a certain husband said to me, "have you noticed how all your bad habits come out all at once?" Because I love him, and because he's right, I did let him live. But I likely will not forget. And I'm back on track today anyway.

-----------

Tomorrow is fall equinox, people. Do you know what fall means to me? APPLES! Oh the good tasting apples you can get from an orchard! They soothe me as we transition from wonderful weather to the impending doom of snow.

-----------


Also, what good is it being a kid if you can't play in the rain?

----------

I got up early today, and was reminded of why I haven't been doing it. Somehow Tyler knows when I'm awake and figures he should be too. He got up at 6:45, which is early for him and way too early for me to be around him. I told him it was still nighttime, and he stayed in his room quietly singing to himself until just now (7:30). But now he's sitting on the ground crying and hitting my leg because he wants his pants on, that he peed all over. There's no reasoning with him, and I can tell it's going to be a long day.

3 comments:

Darla said...

picking split ends?! Oh, it's been f o r e v e r! I DO need to slow down. I'm doing a half marathon this Sat. and Geof. recently told me he's never met someone training for a race that hated it so much. I just don't have the time!! So, as soon as I'm done, I'll focus on my classes, my kids, yoga, and eating. Maybe not in that order..

Anonymous said...

you did look a harried but the kids looked happy when we saw you, so you are doing things right and doing the right things. hang in there, keep up the great work, and call when i can help.

shellybellybee said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who "checks out." It's when I check back in that I'm doing something out of the ordinary. I definately hope this week is slower for you, and you got me really excited for some good crunchy apples.