It's that time of year people. I hope by now I've made it apparent that I love my life and feel very blessed, especially for my family. So I'm going to get a little more specific with this list, and maybe a little peculiar.
The basics. I am thankful for...
1. A quiet child and a comfy couch that make a perfect combination for a Sunday afternoon nap.
2. A small car that allows me to pick up all the stuff my kids drop and still drive safely.
3. Windows that face east. And the sunshine that's soaking my living room right now.
4. Tyler's recent preference to walk around shirtless. He's got a cute fat tummy and a cute little back and now I get to see it more often.
5. Good books. And bad books. And the people who write them.
The important stuff. I am thankful for...
1. Long days, because they make me that much happier to see Jeremy in the evenings.
2. The exercise in patience that Tyler, in his 2 year old state, is. 'Cause I really need the practice.
3. Friends who make me laugh for hours, then cry, then laugh again.
4. This year that I've kept Alexis out of preschool because I really love having her around.
5. My mellow personality.
6. Parents and in-laws who live close and who are always happy to see us (or at least act like they are).
7. A religion that gives me hope.
The peculiars. I am thankful for...
1. The Christmas lawn ornament that I pass every time I go to my parents house. It's of Santa and his reindeer, and they've landed on an outhouse and Santa is saying "Pay attention darn it, I said the Schmidt house." Makes me laugh every time.
2. Those butter flavored jumbo biscuits that come in a can--so delicious.
4. Pie. And a day devoted to eating as much as I want of it guilt-free.
5. Barbie dolls and dress-up clothes because they keep Alexis occupied for hours.
6. Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
What are you thankful for? The more peculiar the better.