Wednesday, August 13

Idle hands and whatnot

You know how you have those moments where all the adages people say finally make sense? The ones like, "early to bed and early to rise make a man healthy, wealthy, and wise", or "practice makes perfect", or "a rolling stone gathers no moss". Well, how about "idle hands are the devils playground"? That one has finally clicked with me! Give the kids some sponges and a little water and they are too busy to bicker with each other. Now the only whining I hear while cleaning the kitchen is my own.

4 comments:

shellybellybee said...

Nice! Very smart. I'll have to try that.

Anonymous said...

anti-child labor laws are so non-progressive. kids WANT to work. open up the coal mines!

Darla said...

I gotta do this with mine. Good idea (since they fight so much right now). Dayne loves it when I give her a baby wipe to clean up with. She even does it on the airplane when flights get too long. (:

Darla said...

funny comment anonymous...sounds like something my hubby would say.