Wednesday, July 21

7 weeks

The past week or two Ryan has been teasing us. He smiles, but I've never been sure that it's at us. But TODAY. Today, he smiled! Several big grins, right at me. I'm 100% sure that it was meant for me, and it made me laugh like a little girl. And then he did it again. And I laughed some more. And then, and then, and then...he punched himself in the eye and all the fun ended. Darn those uncontrollable arms.


Also, on this day that marks 7 weeks of his life, I wore a belt. I've been dreaming of wearing a belt for at least 5 months, and today it finally happened. Of course the pants are a size or two larger than I care for, but we've got to take things one step at a time.

Who needs photoshop to make a picture decent
when you've got strategically placed bubbles?


And in unrelated news, our house has been taken over by flies. It's not because of dirty dishes, I swear my kitchen is clean. Jeremy killed 5, and then the fly swatter broke, and there's still at least 5 flying around. What is going on? Yesterday Alexis saw one fly into the bathroom, so she quickly shut the door and from the outside shoved towels under the door so they couldn't fly out. That girl is a quick thinking problem solver, I tell ya!

I've got more to say, and I'll probably never get around to it. It seems like my life is now lived in quick moments, small increments of time. Someone always needs something. But now, it's family movie night--Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Hopefully this won't scare the kids...

5 comments:

lindseyj said...

He is darling Lisa!!! Hope to see you soon :)

Lindsey said...

Hey so cute! Charlie is for some reason deathly afraid of flies and we've had a couple too. Good times.

Mary said...

NOTHING in the world beats a baby's first smiles. My baby is already too grown up. I miss the newborn stage. Soak it in!

Dorothy said...

Jane is to blame for the flies. She never should have used that bathroom!

Jessica M said...

Oooo, that kid is cute.