We're back after 8 days, 3000 miles, 5 states, every kind of weather imaginable, and 1 very full memory card. Our trip went well, but if I never ride in a car again it will be too soon. We drove to Iowa to visit Jeremy's family. While we were there Jeremy's brother graduated from high school, Jeremy went to Chicago for a Cubs game, Jeremy and I went to Nauvoo, and Jeremy's family packed up their house and moved to Utah. It's good to be home, though it seems we've brought some sort of cold-slash-major allergies with us. I had about 7 places to go today and here it is, 1:15 pm and we are all still in our pajamas. So much for being productive, so I might as well blog. We took about 150 pictures but I'll spare you and only share a few.
Here's a list of things I learned, realized, or remembered on this trip.
1. I am not a good night driver. Especially when it is snowing and the white drops of snow also look like the horribly faded white lines on the highway.
2. I hate the state of Wyoming and don't plan on going there ever again. We'll just skip around it if we ever need to head east.
3. When Alexis is sleep deprived she can throw some pretty horrible fits, but only for me.
4. Tornadoes can be pretty exciting to think about and entertaining to try and watch, but aren't so cool when they actually hit down in a town not far from you.5. When I move, I want to have a moving company do it for me.
6. When the Chicago Cubs win they fly a white flag with a "W" on it. Also, they sell ice cream in little plastic blue Cubs hats at Wrigley Field.7. Nauvoo is a very pretty little town, with a great spirit. Every member of the church should go there and experience it.8. I am not very photogenic.9. Tyler would make a cute farmer.10. The Midwest has too much corn on their hands. They've had to come up with new creative uses for it all.11. Mt. Rushmore is actually very impressive. In fact, the whole southwest corner of South Dakota is very pretty and worth visiting. We hope to go back and camp there someday.12. I like to climb stuff.
13. Donkeys really like Chicken in a Biscuit crackers. And they'll stick their heads in your car if you open your window.
14. My kids are very good travelers, and also very cute.
I hope this post was not as boring as I'm afraid it is. My head really hurts so this is the best I've got in me right now. I'm just waiting for it (my head) to explode and put me out of my misery. Or maybe I'll just nap.