Saturday, October 6

time to whine

Today has been one of those days. This week has been one of those weeks. I don't know what happened to my children, I think someone replaced them with monsters that look exactly like my children. Alexis has been crying over EVERYTHING. I'm not exaggerating, she has cried more than she's spoken today. And if you've ever met Alexis, then you know that's saying a lot. Of course her nose probably hurts (which by the way, the doctor thinks might be broken), so that's probably the cause of some of it. But she also decided this week that she's done napping, and I think that's the other reason for all the crying.

Tyler's woken up at 4 am the past few nights and keeps us awake for 1 to 2 hours each night. He's had congestion issues, but mostly he doesn't know how to calm himself down so he just screams and screams and gets so worked up that he can't go back to sleep. And he's very much a mama's boy, so he's clingy and needy. Combine that with Alexis' recent neediness and I'm going crazy. Oh yeah, and he throws everything. So I've been dinged in the head with more toys than I care to count. But even worse he's hit Alexis on the nose several times with some very hard toys. I don't know how to get him to stop, I tell him no very firmly and I take the toy away. He cries about it for a minute then picks up something else and throws it.

And what's the worst news? It's cold outside! Cold enough that something resembling snow was coming from the sky today. I don't know what happened to fall, it went from summer to winter here and I'm not happy about it.

And now it's 8:15 pm and I still have to do the dishes, wash and fold laundry, and go grocery shopping (in the cold). Anyone feeling sorry for me yet? I sure am so I guess I need to think about something positive. Hmmmmmmmmmm, okay. Here's the list of good things that happened today. I can't leave you all on a bad note.

*Jeremy was home for at least 60% of the day
*I got to listen to probably 3/4 of conference
*Before Alexis went to bed she wanted to talk to me so we talked about conference
*I got to work on the quilt I'm making Tyler
*Alexis and I made some delicious pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
*I didn't have to make dinner because we ate leftovers

Sorry, that's all I can think of. Hopefully next week will go better.

1 comment:

The Shill Spill said...

Poor Lisa! I do feel sorry for you. (And I know exactly how one of those days can feel.) I sure hope your day has been better today. Jake had a great morning at preschool. Thanks again! Hope you had a good conference weekend...even though you had a hard day in there. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help your day be better. Have a good one.